KNOW THE CAR INSURANCE CLAIMS PROCESS
DO YOU KNOW THE CAR INSURANCE CLAIMS PROCESS?
Car insurance is one of those things that you want to have, but you don’t want to have to use it.
Using your car insurance means you’ve been in an accident, your vehicle has been stolen, or your car has been damaged by some other means.
While none of these situations are ideal, they can happen to anyone at any time.
Without car insurance coverage, not only are you likely to be driving illegally but you’ll also be stuck paying for any damages out of pocket.
Most motorists don’t use their car insurance often, but they’re glad they have it when they do.
For this reason, many aren’t too familiar with the car insurance claims process and they may only go through the process a couple of times in their life.
If it’s your first time filing a car insurance claim, you’re likely left wondering just what this experience has in store.
The Car Insurance Claims Process Simplified
The car insurance claims process can be simplified into five parts:
- Report your accident – Your first step is reporting your accident. Whether your vehicle was stolen, or damaged, or you’ve been in an accident, your first call should be to your insurance provider to make sure your claim is filed promptly.
- File a police report – After speaking with your insurance agent, you’ll want to call the local authorities to make sure a police report has been filed for your case. This report serves as valuable evidence from a trustworthy third party.
- Speaking with your insurance claims adjuster – Your insurance provider will arrange a meeting between you and an insurance claims adjuster either in person or over the phone. Describe to them the facts surrounding your claim and have any evidence, eyewitness accounts, or photographs ready.
- The evaluation of your claim – After meeting with your adjuster they will evaluate the facts surrounding your claim. They’ll look at your evidence, your policy, and your needed settlement amount.
- Final resolution – After your claim has been evaluated, the insurance claims adjuster will present to you your final resolution. When receiving the payment, you’ll be asked to sign the resolution to confirm that your settlement has been agreed upon and paid in full. Once you’ve completed this step, your claims process is also complete.
Insurance You Can Rely On
Having to file a car insurance claim is made much easier when you have an insurance provider that you can rely on.
Your agent can walk you through your specific claims process, making sure that you understand exactly what is happening each step of the way.
When you find that insurance provider you can trust, you walk away from the experience feeling confident that you’re covered no matter what life might throw your way.
To learn more about our policies, coverages, and the auto insurance services we provide, call us at Panorama today and speak with one of our professional and knowledgeable car insurance agents.