According to Amazon’s CEO of worldwide consumer business, Dave Clerk, Amazon could probably be the largest package delivery carrier in the United States by early this year, or by the end of the year for sure.
This means there are tens of thousands of Amazon drivers out there, and even more, are being added.
If you wish to become one of them, then you are likely already in the market for insurance to cover your delivery truck, or you should be.
At Panorama Insurance Agency, we have the right policy waiting for you to cover your delivery truck.
Our insurance agency covers the entire Northridge region and nearby areas of California, and we offer insurance products that satisfy every need and every budget.
Reach out today if you need coverage for your Amazon Relay work, or are shopping for better coverage than you already have.
What are the requirements to carry loads for Amazon?
- ✤ An Active DOT identification number and MC number (operating authority) with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- ✤ A carrier entity that is authorized for hire and property
- ✤ A safety rating by the FMCSA of “none,” “not rated,” or “satisfactory.”
- ✤ Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASIC) scores:
- ‣ Unsafe Driving below 60%
- ‣ HOS Compliance below 60%
- ‣ Vehicle Maintenance below 75%
Amazon Relay Insurance Requirements
Relay has strict insurance requirements, and obtaining all of the following coverage is necessary to begin this area of your operations:
- Car accident liability of at least $1,000,000 per incident, including trailer replacement coverage of $50,000 for all tractors.
- Cargo coverage of $100,000 or more to cover any damaged Amazon items in a load. This coverage cannot be specifically for general freight or dry van only.
- Commercial general liability of at least $1,000,000 per incident and $2,000,000 in total
-Only required if you are hiring employees, and is not necessary for owner-operators.
- Workers Compensation in all jurisdictions where your company operates
- Employer Liability not less than $100,000 per occurrence
Having the best insurance coverage is not only necessary to begin Amazon Relay driver operations, but it is also critical to protect your business from liability in the event of an accident.
Being liable for truck crash-related injuries can easily bankrupt a company, so you want to have maximum coverage to protect yourself.
Claims Against Amazon Relay Companies
When your company is working with Amazon Relay, you add some risk as well as reward.
First, drivers can cause accidents, and liability for an accident also means liability for the resulting injuries and losses.
An injured truck accident victim might have life-changing injuries, leading to millions of dollars of losses.
After a fatal accident, families might seek insurance compensation for wrongful death.
In addition, Amazon will want coverage of any goods damaged in a wreck.
Consider your company’s possible liability when purchasing insurance.
Often, the minimum amount is not enough to cover losses from even a single accident, as trucks can cause serious damage.
Our Amazon Truck insurance professionals can review your situation and provide advice on the coverage you need.
Speak with a Commercial Truck Insurance Agent Today
It is therefore important even if you have insurance coverage for your work through Amazon Relay, you should contact an Amazon Relay insurance expert to discuss your situation and determine what additional insurance you may need to fully protect yourself and comply with Amazon.
You always want to ensure you are getting the most coverage for the best price.
Panorama Insurance Agency near Northridge, CA handles the best coverage for Amazon Relay drivers, so please reach out today for more information. Call: 818-781-6630.